More than 80% of adults have some form of gum problem. Gum diseases can either be due to local causes or manifestation of some systemic diseases. Generally gum disease is an inflammatory response to the bacterial accumulations, or dental plaque, on the teeth. Gum bleeding and bad breath can be early signs of gum diseases. If untreated it can progress to periodontitis where the ligaments attaching tooth to the bone is affected. Gingivitis and Periodontitia are major cause of tooth loss in adults worldwide.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research have reported that gum diseases have cause and effect relationship with increased risk of diabetes, heart attack, strokes and lung diseases. In pregnancy gum diseases have also been seen to cause premature birth and low birth weight infants.
Main causes of gum diseases:
• Plaque is responsible for most of the gum diseases.
• Tobacco use and smoking is the major cause of spreading these dental infections in human beings.
• Genetic problems can also result in gum infections which may require proper medical attention.
• Diabetes and other systemic diseases can also cause these problems.
• Poor nutrition and stress are the major cause of bad oral health which further spreads these gum diseases.
• Hormonal fluctuation during pregnancy, puberty, and mensuration can also cause these dental infections.
Various signs of dental infections:
• Bleeding is the primary sign of these dental infections.
• Swollen, red, and tender gums.
• Mild or severe pain in the gums.
• Tartar deposits between gums and the teeth.
• Bad breath is a major sign of dental problems.
• Gums pulled away from the teeth.
• Pus from gums is also common in such conditions.
• Shifting away of permanent teeth from each other.
These dental problems require special dental attention under the supreme guidance of dental professionals. Do not think twice before contacting our team of dental surgeon for satisfactory results.
Bleeding gum is the most common problem that most of the people are facing nowadays. Generally gum bleeding during brushing and flossing is a sign for gingival and periodontal diseases.
Some systemic diseases like Leukaemia, Scurvy, use of blood thinners, Vitamin K deficiency, Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, Diabetes, Dry mouth, Certain medications, Infections, Blood dyscrasias, Aplastic anemia, Neoplastic infiltration, Thrombocytopenia, Hemophilia etc are responsible for causing these bleeding gum issues.
Hormonal fluctuating due to puberty, mensuration, and pregnancy is also one of the major causes of gum bleeding.
It is prudent to contact a special dental expert whenever you see any sign of infection in your teeth.
Possible reasons for bleeding gums:
• Inadequate oral hygiene is the major cause of the dental infections and bleeding gums.
• Certain systemic diseases cause gum bleeding.
• Smoking and stress are the major cause of these problems.
• Some medication also leads to this problem.
Being a manifestation of a vast number of systematic and local diseases, it is of utmost importance to diagnose correctly the root cause of bleeding gums. Treatment modality can vary as per the aetiology of disease. It should be addressed as soon as possible.
Bad breath, also known as Halitosis, often start with poor oral hygiene. Accumulation of plaque and tartar provides the milieu for bacterial growth. The bacteria attack the food particles in mouth to produce a very strong odour.
People with dry mouth often suffer to these problems as saliva is ineffective in washing away the food particles. Smoking and mouth breathing are the major causes of having dry mouth which further contributes to bad breath. This can also be a result of dental caries, periodontal diseases, or various mouth infections. Surgical wounds can also result in bad breath formation.
Causes of bad breath:
• Improper oral hygiene due to irregular brushing and flossing is the main cause of bad breath.
• Dry mouth is the major cause of these bad breath issues. Decreased flow of saliva in the mouth usually promotes such problems.
• Intake of tobacco products also causes foul smell from mouth.
• Certain medical disorders can also cause these problems. Periodontal and gum infections are one of the major cause of such problems.
Management for bad breath:
Oral prophylaxis, medications, and proper technique of oral hygiene maintenance under the supervision of dentist can cure this problem.
Our team at Implanting Smile Super Speciality Dental Clinic can provide the optimum treatment to cure any of such problems inhibiting your smile.
Gingival recession is also known as receding gums. It is normally caused by loss of gum tissue from its normal position. The gums are very delicate and prone to infection and inflammation which usually follows deposition of plaque and tartar on teeth. Gum recession can cause problems like hyper sensitivity, periodontal diseases etc which can affect the oral health of the individual.
It is prudent to contact our dental experts whenever you see any sign of gingival recession in your mouth for proper treatment.
Problems related to the untreated gingival recession:• Tooth hypersensitivity is the major problem that you may face due to the untreated gingival recession. It causes mild to severe pain and discomfort with hot or cold water.
• It can hamper the function of chewing and drinking.
• The bone that surrounds a particular tooth may recede if the condition is not treated.
• It can severely impair the smile aesthetics.
• This can lead to the inflammation in gums and further result in dental tooth caries.
Gingival recession can easily be treated with the help of suitable surgical approach. This procedure is safe and secure and must be carried out under the supreme guidance of a dental professional. It is important to find out the possible cause of gingival recession before any surgical treatment.
At Implanting Smile Super Speciality Dental Clinic we are well equipped to provide the best treatment for such problems to our patients.
Good oral hygiene is gateway for good health. It is important to keep your mouth clean to avoid various dental problems and many health problems. With proper oral hygiene, one can prevent dental caries, gingivitis, bad breath, and various other dental problems. Brushing and flossing are essential for maintaining oral hygiene.
Always teach your children about proper dental care and advice them to brush with right technique to avoid the attack of bacteria.
It is advisable to visit a dentist every six months to maintain a proper oral hygiene and avoid various infectious dental problems. Proper oral hygiene is very important to maintain a good lifestyle.
Beneficial foods for maintaining proper oral hygiene:• It is advisable to eat a balanced diet.
• Green tea is highly effective in reducing the plaque in the mouth. This can also minimize the risk of dental caries and various gum diseases. Green tea helps in reducing the bad breath too.
• Yogurt and milk are beneficial for the teeth because of their low acidic content. Milk is the best source of calcium for teeth.
Apples, kiwis, and strawberries contain Vitamin C which is also helpful in maintaining a good oral hygiene.
• Vegetables rich in Vitamin A are also good for the teeth. Some of them are pumpkins, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and carrots.
• Onion is quite effective for teeth as it kills various harmful bacteria in the mouth and also prevents dental infections.
• Chicken, eggs, and turkey are also helpful in maintaining a good oral hygiene.
Regular brushing with proper brushing technique helps in maintaining a good oral health and fight against the germs. Tongue cleaning is also very important because it removes various food particles, fungi, and harmful bacteria. By adopting these dental care techniques, one can save their teeth from the attack of bacteria and avoid various dental diseases.